Friday, May 11, 2012

Theft of 'precious' propeller stuns OAP

 
A STITHIANS (Cornwall) pensioner has been left shaken following the theft of a precious propeller from her garden.
The woman, now too nervous to be identified, came home to find the solid brass item had been removed from outside her porch.
She said: "It's such a shame. It's probably been melted down by now. It's not the monetary value that bothers me. It was precious because it belonged to my late husband.
"He wanted it to go to our grandson eventually."
The propeller was taken from the Old Vicarage Close area of the village last Thursday morning.
Neighbours reported seeing a white van in the area at that time. Earlier, a blue motorbike was spotted driving in and out of the close.
"It's shaken me up a bit," said the pensioner. "I shall be looking at how I can improve my security. My neighbours are shocked, too, and are stepping up their own security."
Anyone with information about the theft is asked to contact police on 101, ref GP121077. A reward is offered for the propeller's safe recovery.
(Reproduced from thisisCornwall  11th May)
Gardien Comment:  Sadly it takes a theft to make people think about garden security. Better to act early to prevent the crime. For free advice and products visit www.garden-security.co.uk

No comments: