Friday, September 7, 2012

Family heartbroken after pet dog stolen

 

Stolen: Angel was taken from the garden of her family's home.Stolen: Angel was taken from the garden of her family's home.
A DOG owner has been left heartbroken after her 11-month-old pet was stolen from her back garden.
Lisa Bill, of Stourport, put her dog on a lead while she visited Severn Valley Railway with her family at 2pm last Saturday but when she returned the pet had gone.
The mother of four said she got home at about 10pm to find her back gate kicked in and left wide open but no sign of the dog, a greyhoundlurcher cross, called Angel.
“I’m absolutely heartbroken,” said Miss Bill, of Vernon Road. “I feel sad and angry that somebody can do that.
“I’ve got children and they are absolutely heartbroken.
“My partner [Philip Walters] went to get her while I was putting the boys to bed and I heard him say ‘Angel?’ He came up to me all out of breath panicking and said ‘the dog’s gone’.”
She added Mr Walters bought the pet for her as a Christmas present after another dog she owned was put down due to cancer.
“I didn’t think anybody could stoop so low,” she said.
 
“I just want her back. It’s not nice to think that somebody has taken her.
“It’s like one of your family, a dog. To me it’s like losing a child.”
A West Mercia Police spokeswoman said police were investigating the theft.
Anyone with information should call police on 101.
(Reproduced from the Kidderminster Shuttle, 7th September)
Gardien Comment: Sadly there are too many reports of pets being stolen. Thought has to be given to their security and access to gardens has to be made as difficult as possible. See the advice and products at www.garden-security.co.uk
 

No comments: