Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Scarred by Pot Theft

Published Date: 14 April 2009
A pensioner says she no longer feels safe in her own neighbourhood after a thief snatched an ornament from her front garden.
Retired Ruby Garrard (66) was watching television at her home in Carrington Road, Spalding, when the thief sneaked into her garden and took a soil-filled grey plastic flowerpot.She said: "My confidence is completely gone. I like my garden and now I'm retired and don't really have much else to do I spend a lot of time there."But now I feel like I dare not leaving anything out there at all in case whoever took my pot comes back for more."It did not even cost that much, so I don't even know how people who have really expensive items stolen must feel."She has not reported it to the police, but wants people on Carrington Road to be aware of the incident.She said: "I didn't report it because I think it would be like finding a needle in a haystack. I will be keeping my pots inside my front porch now until I have the confidence to put them out again."

(Reproduced from Spalding Today)

GARDIEN TIP: Don't assume that anything is of no value to an opportunist thief. Put bricks inside the bottom of large pots to make them more tricky to shift

No comments: