Thursday, September 27, 2012

14-week-old puppy stolen from garden


A MUM-TO-BE has spoken of her shock after her puppy was stolen from her garden.
Pregnant Shauna Emmerson, 17, says her Staffordshire bull terrier puppy Rocky had only be left alone for a few minutes.
She has little faith he will be returned and is now appealing for whoever took him to ensure he is looked after properly.
Shauna, of Bransholme, said: "I only had him about nine weeks.
"I bought him from a friend and got him as a treat for myself.
"He is really playful and a typical puppy. I'd take him for walks and play with him.
"He was the first dog I'd ever had."
The 14-week-old pup is thought to have been taken on Friday, September 14, at about 12.45pm.
Shauna, who lives with her boyfriend's mum in Ringstead Garth, said: "My boyfriend's mum called me and said she was going out to a doctor's appointment.
"She left and we headed back home.
"As soon as I came through the gate, I saw he wasn't there.
"We looked down the street but we couldn't see anything.
"I was really upset."
Shauna and her boyfriend Sean Tooth believe it is very unlikely Rocky escaped.
When they returned home, the garden gate was shut, which means Rocky would have had to scale a 5ft fence to get out.
Shauna, who is 29 weeks pregnant, said: "I got the puppy now so that when the baby came they'd be used to each other and grow up together.
"I'm not getting another one now. The same thing could just happen again."
Sean said Shauna is heartbroken about the theft.
He said: "Rocky was such a good dog and I doubt he would have run off because he was really slow. Once I took him off the lead and he just walked beside me.
"Shauna has been really upset and angry.
"I really hope someone nice is looking after him."
Rocky has black and brown brindle colouring, with a white patch under his chin.
Three of his paws are black and one is white.
Anyone who may know of his whereabouts is urged to call Humberside Police on 101 quoting crime number 1930221. 

(Reproduced from Hull Daily Mail,  25th Sept)

Gardien Comment: Yet another pet theft.  It is vital that gardens are as difficult as possible to enter if pets are to be left outside. See the advice and products at www.garden-security.co.uk

No comments: